Who is a MY-CISEC??
A Malaysian Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (MY-CISEC), is an individual who has demonstrated his or her proficiency in observing, inspecting and reporting on the implementation of Sediment and Erosion Control (S&EC) Reports and Plans (e.g., EMPs).
An applicant becoming a MY-CISEC will have the following background:
- A comprehensive understanding about sediment and erosion processes and how the discharge of pollutants associated with construction activities may impact the environment.
- For the Malaysian applicants, the ability to understand the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage and the Department of Environment.
- Ability to read and understand construction site S&EC Reports and Plans. Prior environmental education and construction site field experience (e.g., inspections, Best Management Practices (BMPs) installation, etc.) involving S&EC and/or stormwater pollution prevention.
The ability to communicate orally and to develop written documentation. Applicant’s abilities, skills, experience and knowledge of S&EC and storm water pollution prevention will be assessed through testing as provided by the MY-CISEC professional certification programs.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to take the MY-CISEC examination:
- One or more years of sediment and erosion control construction and/or storm water pollution prevention field experience,
- Formal education in sediment and erosion control or environmental related topics and
- Resume attesting to qualifications and experience.
Submittal of the above documentation must occur 7 days prior to day of the first day of training.
To become a certified registrant, an applicant must pass their written examination with a grade of 75% or higher. Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. requires up to 60 days to grade and notify an applicant as to their results.