Special Services Under 504 – 2008: Any individual who requires special accommodations must contact Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. at least 20 days prior to your registered module trainings and examination dates. Our special services division will speak with you about necessary accommodations to meet your disability needs.
What Qualifies for Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/Continuing Education Hours (CDHs)?
Inspection Related Activities:
Completing construction site inspection related activities can count up to 8 hours PDHs/CDHs.
- Inspection: 20 to 40 hours/year = 2 hours PDH/CDH
- Inspection: 41 to 100 hours/year = 4 hours PDH/CDH
- Inspection: 101 to 180 hours/year = 6 hours PDH/CDH
- Inspection: More than 180 hours/year = 8 PDH/CDH
Volunteer Related Activities:
Volunteer activities that involve the environment can count up to 6 hours PDHs/CDHs.
Examples of volunteer activities can include proctoring the CISEC examinations (requires approval), trash clean-up, planting of trees (or other vegetation), trail rehabilitation, serving on the Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. committees, etc.
If you are unsure if an activity applies, please contact us: [email protected].
Attendance at Professional Forums:
Attending professional forms (e.g., IECA, StormCon, APWA, TRIECA, EPA Conferences, Landscape Expo, etc.) can count up to 8 hours PDHs/CDHs.
This includes visiting Expo Halls and attending educational papers/demonstrations during those conferences.
Attendance at Educational Forums:
Attending educational forms (e.g., classroom training, in-house training, tail-gate sessions, lunch and learn, etc.) can count up to 8 hours PDHs/CDHs.
This can include trainings hosted by your company, cities, counties, etc.
Some places you can go to obtain educational PDHs/CDHs online are:
- International Erosion Control Association: ieca.org
- Stormwater University: https://stormwateruniv.com/
Presenting or Publishing Technical Papers:
Presenting or publishing a technical document can count up to 2 hours PDHs/CDHs.
This can include short articles for environmental magazines, newsletters, on-line publications, etc. It can also include presenting environmentally related topics to groups.
Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. recognizes that not all activities will fall into one of the above categories and have created an additional category. Items that fall into this category can count up to 8 hours PDHs/CDHs.
Examples can include:
- Taught Environmental Classes (this is more involved than presenting a short paper).
- Perform Water Quality Monitoring (maximum of 3 PDHs/CDHs)
- Other items will require approval by Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. Please contact us to discuss at [email protected]
Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Note: 1 PDH/CDH = 0.1 CEU
Interested in becoming a CISEC instructor? If so, Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. is interested in your ability to be an instructor if you meet the following criteria:
CISEC Instructor Opportunities
Candidates interested in becoming a CISEC instructor must satisfy the following criteria:
- Pass the CISEC certification examination,
- Been a registered CISEC for at least 1½ years and have been in good standing throughout that time,
- Possess a clear and professional understanding of the Rules and Regulations, for your Country, as to how it applies to inspection of construction site activities,
- Possess a strong knowledge and background in sediment and erosion and storm water management control,
- Have at least 3½ years of documented experience performing sediment and erosion control and or storm water management inspections, or 2-years developing and implementing SWPPP/ESC Reports and Drawings plus 2-years performing sediment and erosion control or storm water management inspections with time including activities performed since becoming a registered CISEC, and
- Be committed to the CISEC Program and not be an instructor for any other nationwide inspector certification program.
Preference consideration will be given to candidates possessing:
- Experience in teaching adults about related construction site items, including sediment and erosion control, and
- Experience with sediment and erosion control and/or storm water management design.
How to apply:
Interested applicants need to submit a letter of inquiry to Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. and provide sufficient information about their qualifications including:
- a current resume,
- list of teaching experiences,
- at least three references, and
- If available, examples of classroom material used in their classes.
The applicant shall also detail in writing what they will do to promote growth of the CISEC program if approved as a CISEC instructor.
Review and approval:
Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. will review an instructor candidate’s letter of inquiry, references, and previous classroom instruction materials for eligibility. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed nor will Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. provide exam score information to candidates not meeting the eligibility requirements.
New instructors will team teach with experienced instructors at least two different times. The experienced instructor will provide a rating of the new instructor’s skills as well as recommendations for an applicant’s future teaching opportunities. There may be exception to this guideline if the Board decides a new instructor demonstrates outstanding qualities on presenting material and has an obvious superior knowledge of material being presented.
Please email all the above listed information to [email protected].
Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. holds yearly elections in June.
Each year, Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. holds its annual elections to fill available seats on the Board of Directors.
The next elections will occur in June, 2023.
Requirements for becoming a Board of Director:
- An active CISEC, CAN-CISEC, or MY-CISEC registrant in good standing with Ecopliant Environmental, Inc.
- Have a minimum of two (2) consecutive years as a registrant
- Be able to attend and participate in at least 75% of regularly scheduled Board meetings
- Be able to serve for a three (3) year term
Future Dates (Upcoming):
- Nomination Form Available:
- Nomination Form Due:
- Candidate Statement Questions Emailed:
- Candidate Statement Questions Due:
- Voting Opens (via email):
- Voting Closes: June 30
- Announcement of New Board of Directors via email: July 1
- First Board Meeting: August
Information about the Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors consists of a maximum of nine (9) CISEC, CAN-CISEC and/or MY-CISEC registrants each of who serve for a three (3) year term. They provide leadership and take responsibility for the management of our non-profit organization.
The Board of Directors holds monthly Zoom meetings. A Board of Director is required to attend at least 75% of the regularly scheduled Board meetings during their 3-year term.
We encourage qualified candidates to participate in these important elections. It is in this manner that Ecopliant Environmental, Inc. will continue to be the most professional worldwide sediment and erosion control inspector certification program available.
If you have any questions , please contact us.